There are four different types of credit cards:
- Standard cards provide a simple line of credit for their users to spend and transfer money.
- Rewards cards offer cash backs, reward points, travel points and other benefits available to the customer, depending on each provider.
- Secured credit cards are similar to standard, but require an initial cash deposit which is held by the user as collateral.
- Charge cards that differentiate from the standard for having no spending limit, but often require a monthly clearing of debt.
The top Credit Cards in the UK are:
Caxton – No overseas ATM fees. Global usage with competitive exchange rates. Easy to load your card. Manage your travel money on the go using our app. Choose either our free Black card or subscription Red card for even better rates.
Revolut – Exchange money with no hidden fees. Buy crypto, gold and manage your money with spending analytics. Join over 15 million Revolut customers.
Vanquis – Vanquis Bank is part of the Provident Financial Group, a UK and Ireland business with over 135 years’ experience lending in the home credit market. Vanquis was established in 2002 as Provident’s main credit card provider. Vanquis launched Vanquis Loans in 2016, offering customers an additional opportunity to continue their credit-building journey.
Royal Bank of Scotland– Start saving regularly for a chance to win £1,000. Build your savings habit with our Digital Regular Saver. Open the account by 5.30 pm on 31st March and save just £1-£50 in April, May and June for a chance to win their prize draw. 10x £1,000 prizes to be won.
Tesco Bank – interest 0% for up to 15 months on purchases, balance transfers (1.99% fee) and money transfers (3.99% fee) from account opening. You can transfer up to 95% of your available credit limit. Any transfers must be made within 90 days of account opening to benefit from the 0% interest rates. Based on our assessment of your circumstances we may offer a 0% interest period of 12 or 9 months instead.
First Direct – Feel money positive with our 1st Account. Their current account helps you to have a more positive relationship with your money, however your money. That’s why they’ll give you…
- a £250 interest-free overdraft (subject to status)
- a £100 welcome when you switch to us*
- access to our 1.00% AER/gross Regular Saver Account.
You’ll also benefit from
- Award-winning customer service from real people here in the UK – no machines, no overseas call centres
- 24/7, 365 banking – Online, Phone and on Mobile pay in cash and cheques at HSBC branches and the Post Office no monthly fees
HSBC – have several credit card options to chose from, with competitive rates and even offer £125 to switch your current account to their bank.
American Express – offers a wide range of credit card options.
Santander – Looking for a balance transfer or to earn cashback? Santander are sure to have a card for you. Apply online in as little as 10 minutes. Mobile Banking App. Retailer Offers. Flexible. Apply Online. Contactless. Cashback. Types: All in One credit card, Everyday credit card.